1. Planning it
2. Packing for it
3. Locating yourself in it
4. Living it
- Get a program and find your favorite bands. See that they don't overlap (if they do, we are really sorry, we know the pain) and create a schedule. Hold that paper like it is your life.
- Remember that COMFORTABLE >>>>>> STYLISH. Wear comfy clothes and SHOES. We all have seen that girl (or boy, we don't judge) wearing high heels and we all wondered WHY. We are sure you can find the perfect balance. Rock it, but take it easy.
- WEAR SUNSCREEN. Capital letters, yes. We don't care if you come from a sunny country, we don't care if you are addicted to self-tanning. WEAR SUNSCREEN. Being all red and in pain can destroy the whole experience and can cause future health problems. We love you, guys, we just want you to be safe.
- Wear earplugs if possible. During the festival they will protect your ears from loud music. During the night they will help you ignore the couple trying to conceive a baby two tents away.
- Protect your head with a hat and your eyes with sunglasses. It adds +500 COOLNESS to the pictures and you can be hangover, no one will tell (hopefully).
- (Also) Drink water. We know beer is awesome and the other spirits can be amazing too, but remember that water is your best friend. A glass of water for every glass of alcohol will save you tomorrow.
- Eat your carbs. You may be on a diet but the amount of energy you are going to use today will be outstanding. Bread, pasta, rice... They taste amazing and will keep you on track. Keep yourself fed or this will be you by the time your favorite band plays:
- Don't kill your friends. I mean, first of all, it is illegal. Second of all, they are your friends. Maybe you want to go to different shows, but it is okay, you can make groups or you can go by yourself. Set a meeting point for every time someone gets lost and be patient. IMPORTANT NOTE: Don't kill the driver or the one with the keys of the room. Blood can be messy.
- Forget the electronics. Don't tweet, don't take a lot of pictures, don't call your mom in the middle of a show. Phones get broken, ex-girlfriends/boyfriends get texted when drunk and cameras get lost. Just ENJOY THE GODDAMN SHOW.
But the most important part is : Have the time of your life, have fun and meet new people, That is what music festivals are about. See you in the mosh pit!