5 Things to do at Palo Alto Market
With this hot weather comes a fresh Palo Alto. Head to Poblenou this weekend for this stylish market's Beach edition. As well as a wide range of wares for sales—design, vintage, handmade—there are also workshops, galleries and live music performances, and organic, gourmet and street food stalls. You can spend the whole day shopping, then grab some delicious food to keep your energy up.
Here's what you can do during the weekend:
1. Stroll Around.Palo Alto is a rally rad place to visit. Located in Poblenou 100m away from the beach, is a beautiful spot, a 1900's industrial factory converted today into a Park with plenty of designer and art offices. Once every month a fashion, music and food market takes over and it becomes a crowded and elegant place to be.
2. Buy Something.Local designers and brands expose their latest releases, if you're looking into vintage clothing, sunglasses or socks (há!) you'll get great deals and special discounts. It's your chance to get some American Socks for a lower price. If you hang around telling everyone you're a famous fashion blogger...maybe you'll get stuff for free. Liar!
3. Grab a meal at a Food Truck.
The gastronomic offer is HUGE. You can get Sushi, Burgers and even the best tapas in town, everything made at the moment with the finest ingredients. Prices are NOT cheap but you're getting top quality meals. For dessert, how does a Crêpe sound?
4. Listen to live music.Palo Alto Market ambiance gets it's cherry with music. 3 different stages will transport you to the Barcelona vibe. Check their website for timings and performances here.
5. Drink the typical Vermut.
The sour drink, you love it or hate it, tastes best with some tapas. Ask for it at the bars and start some conversation with local people.
See you there :)